Become a manager of our coworking space!
Paralelní Polis is looking for a new colleague to join our team, this time as a manager of Paper Hub!
Paralelní Polis is a non-profit organization founded in 2014 in Prague’s Holešovice by the art activist group Ztohoven. The mission of Paralelní Polis is to provide the technology and education that people need to engage in an independent society and to protect individual freedom. The vision of Paralelní Polis is a world where people can separate from the state and live in a free society.
Currently, there are five concepts under the roof and brand of Paralelní Polis;
- Bitcoin Coffee club cafe,
- coworking space Paper Hub,
- Institute of Cryptoanarchy and its educational program,
- Streaming Studio,
- and the hackerspace Bordel.
What will your job entail:
- Coordinate the complete Paper Hub agenda.
- Manage the operations and ensure the day-to-day smooth running of Paper Hub.
- Set up a long-term program plan focused on networking.
- Maintain a balance between the educational program for Hub members and commercial events representing the concept, and communicate its objectives, benefits, and activities to its members and potential prospective clients interested in the services.
- Seek and approach new partners to run the coworking space and co-finance the non-profit educational program.
- Establish and maintain a balanced budget for the non-profit organization’s sub-concept.
- Seek alternative sources of revenue and opportunities for investment.
- Manage the assets and funds of the Hub in an efficient, effective, and economical manner.
What should be your profile:
We are looking for an independent, responsible, organizationally capable person who will not need to be motivated to work. We require at least three years of experience in event/project management. We expect them to be able to come up with a clear long-term vision that their team can get excited about and breathe for Paper Hub. The increase in capacity and revenue is mainly tied to the quality of the Hub concept and its accompanying networking program. Under the Paper Hub umbrella, all development, startup, and networking programs should be concentrated in the future, from which not only the Hub members will benefit.
What do we offer:
Paralelní Polis is currently run by a small team of progressive young people with a flat organizational structure, which is both an advantage and a disadvantage; everyone is responsible for their concept and its results. This means that you have to earn the trust of the team, defend your position in it, and earn some money for yourself. In return, we offer you the freedom to realize your own vision. Paper Hub will be your project to work on according to your needs – no one will force you to work 40 hours a week or prevent you from having a part-time home office if we see that you have a track record. The great advantage of working at Paralelní Polis is the huge concentration of people across artistic, technological, and scientific disciplines who are likely to be much better at something than you are; you can draw on these resources, learn from them, and constantly self-develop.
Don’t hesitate to contact us:
Please send your professional resume to email@example.com. If your experience and profile match the position, we will get back to you within 14 days.
Thank you and we look forward to working with you!